It’s a disturbing and scary fact that 9 out of 10 people breathe contaminated air each and everyday that are full of high levels of pollutants. Moreover, the air pollutants that we are breathing in are incredibly diverse in terms of composition, health effects and sources. Plus, sometimes we can't even see them. Some people are extremely sensitive to airborne pollutants while others may not even realize they are breathing in contaminated air.
Here are the 10 Most Harmful Air Pollutants That You Are Breathing In Everyday
1) Particulate Matter or Particle Pollution - particles in the air such as dirt, dust, smoke etc.
2) Pet Dander - microscopic flecks of skin shed by cats, dogs, birds, rodents and other companion animals
3) Pollen - typically a seasonal allergy from plants
4) Mold - mold is a type of fungi and can be found in homes, businesses and schools
5) Lead - airborne lead as a result of lead-acid battery manufacturing
6) Volatile Organic Compounds - indoor gases emitted from solids or liquids
7) Carbon Monoxide - odorless, colorless gas from leaking chimneys and fireplaces or unvented gas heaters
8) Ozone - ground level ozone from cars, power plants, refineries
9) Nitrogen Dioxide - air pollutant from road traffic and other fossil fuel combustion processes
10) Sulfur Dioxide - colorless gas with pungent odor, typically from man-made processes such as the burning of fossil fuels.
Pollution isn’t going away, but there are ways you can combat air pollution in your home, on the go and at your office. US Air Purifiers has a great selection of high quality, premium air purification systems that offer professional air cleaning abilities for the home, office, and on the go. Our selection of IQ Air purifiers focuses on VOCs, gases, odors, smoke and more.