Aikido Pharma a biotechnology development company working to develop a diverse portfolio of early and mid-stage small-molecule anti-cancer therapeutics. One of the cancers in which we focus on is pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is the 3rd leading cause of cancer-related death in the United States surpassing breast cancer. It is expected to become the 2nd leading cause of cancer-related death in the US by the year 2020, surpassing colorectal cancer.* Pancreatic cancer also has the highest mortality rate of all major cancers. 91% of pancreatic cancer patients will die within five years of diagnosis – only 8% will survive more than five years. 74% of patients die within the first year of diagnosis.*
* Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
The University of Texas at Austin has identified a new drug “DHA-dFdC” that has shown positive results in preclinical studies, inhibiting pancreatic tumor growth in clinically relevant transgenic mouse models.
DHA-dFdc is a new compound that holds promising indications of becoming the next generation of chemotherapy treatment for advanced pancreatic cancer
- Inhibits pancreatic cancer cell growth (up to 100,000-fold more potent that gemcitabine, a current standard therapy)
- Has documented efficacy against pancreatic tumors in a clinically relevant transgenic mouse model
- Overcomes tumor cell resistance to current chemotherapeutic drugs
- Is well tolerated in preclinical toxicity test
- Has demonstrated activities against other cancers (e.g. leukemia, lung, melanoma)
- May stimulate immunogenic cell death to activate host antitumor immunity
For more information about Aikido Pharma Inc or Convergent Technologies get in touch with Aikido Pharma at 212-745-1373.